1771 ED Wieringerwerf,
E-mail: (nameatendofline)@xs4all.nl : bakensverzet
Incorporating innovative social, financial, economic, local administrative and productive structures, numerous renewable energy applications, with an important role for women in poverty alleviation in rural and poor urban environments.
"Money is not the key that opens the gates of the market but the bolt that bars them"
Gesell, Silvio The Natural Economic Order
Revised English edition, Peter Owen, London 1958, page 228
04.05 Expected results
(The expected results of projects will vary from one project to another. The following is a typical example for a project area with fifty thousand inhabitants. )
001 environmental impact study carried out.
- 001 permanent system coordination structure set up.
001 (eco-system; park; lake; fauna; flora; mountain) resources opened to tourism
during the project period.
- 200 local autonomous social and financial structures set up.
- 200 tank commissions set up, with 1000 women responsible for them.
- 035 well commissions set up, with 250 women responsible for them.
- 001 drinking water structures workshop completed.
001 project level drinking water management structure set up.
- 035 wells and/or boreholes with a diameter of at least 8” prepared. (Typical total drilling 3000 meters).
100 backup hand-pump systems, including 33 triple unit groups installed as
“back-up” to the photovoltaic drinking water structures.
- 200 tank commission level drinking water structures produced and installed.
- 250 solar pumps installed.
- 075 kilowatt of photovoltaic panels for pumps for distributed drinking water installed.
- 200 kilometres of channelling for drinking water feed-pipe dug and prepared.
- 200 km of drinking water feed-pipe laid.
- 001 structure for the installation and maintenance of solar- and hand-pumps set up, together with spare parts stocks.
- 035 well-commission level drinking water structures set up.
- 035 washing places at well-commission level installed.
- 035 back-up systems for drinking water treatment at schools and clinics installed and structure for the systematic checking of drinking water quality set up-
001 workshop for the formation of 200 health clubs held.
- 001 workshop for the formation of 200 social structures held.
- 001 workshop for the formation of local money systems held..
- 035 centres for the registration of local money transactions set up.
001 workshop for micro credit structures held.
- 001 complete structure for the management of micro-credits set up.
001 workshop for the sourcing and quality control of gypsum resources set up.
- 002 factories for the production of articles made from gypsum composites built.
001 workshop for analysis and design of gypsum composite products held.
- 001 workshop for waste recycling systems held.
- 001 compost recycling network set up.
- 001 network for the recycling of non-organic waste set up.
- 10.000 eco-sanitation systems, one in each home in the project area, built and installed (500-1000 installed by the end of the first 24 months’ executive period).
- Construction and installation 10.000 rain-water harvesting systems, one in each home. (250-500 installed the end of the first 24 months’ executive period).
- Production and installation of 20.000 high efficiency stoves, two in each home. (1500-2500 in operation by the end of the first 24 months’ executive period).
001 workshop for the growing of biomass for mini-briquettes for stoves held..
- 035 units for the production of mini-briquettes for improved stoves built and the production of mini-briquettes commenced.
- 200 agreements for the production of biomass for mini-briquettes reached; production of biomass commenced.
- 200 study rooms built and equipped.
- 200 photovoltaic lighting systems for study purposes installed.
020 kilowatt of photovoltaic power for lighting for study purposes
- 035 photovoltaic lighting systems for study purposes at schools installed.
- 005 kilowatt of photovoltaic panels installed at schools for study purposes.
- 001 workshop for the formation of a radio station held.
- 001 local radio station structure set up.
- 001 multiplying factor introduced for emulation in other project areas in the project’s host country.
The “productive” structures mentioned receive budget funds to cover the formal money costs of their formation. Beneficiaries reimburse these funds into the Cooperative Local Development Fund set up, usually over a period of 4-5 years. The funds made available to them are interest-free. The repayments are made according to the real possibilities of those involved. Decisions as to the rate of repayment are made by users themselves during the Workshops where the structures are set up. The reimbursements are financed by the sale, for a certain period of time, of part of the production for formal money outside the project area, and, in the case of waste recycling activities, by the “export” for formal money of solid waste which is not recyclable in the project area.